Hardwood Care & Maintenance
Cleaning Your Floor
Hardwood floors are easy to maintain and most require no waxing. Regular care will keep your floor looking its best for years to come.
- Vacuum or sweep to remove dirt and grime that could scratch the floor. We recommend you avoid using the vacuum’s beater bar.
- Wipe the floor clean using a microfiber mop and Performance Accessories™ Hard Surface Cleaner, available from your hardwood flooring retailer.
- Avoid damp-mopping your floor, and refrain from using soaps, wax, liquid detergent or other household cleaning products on your hardwood floor.
- Avoid steam cleaners and floor scrubbing machines.
Follow these simple steps to help prevent damage to your hardwood floor:
- Use exterior and interior walk off mats at all exterior entrances. Walk off mats should be routinely maintained to avoid becoming a soil source.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to prevent build-up of damaging dirt and grit.
- Promptly remove spills using hardwood floor cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Use felt protectors under chairs and heavy pieces of furniture.
- Use a dolly and protective plywood sheets when moving furniture or appliances.
- Remove shoes with damaged or spiked heels before walking on your floor.
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean.
- Close drapes or blinds during hours of direct sunlight to avoid discoloration.
Vacaville Floors is proud to be an authorized retailer for:
Ark Floors is a United States company that draws abundant resources from a global network. Our ability to utilize these resources has positioned ARK as a brand that represents a wide selection of beautiful, top quality exotic hardwood and laminate flooring. ARK’s responsible forestry practices have been recognized by some the world’s most prestigious environmental organizations.
What began as an inspiration has become a new direction in hardwood flooring and laminate flooring. A company designed to celebrate the art of the floor. Beautiful. Authentic. Handcrafted. Original. Locally grown, harvested and crafted here in the United States. Our Classic American hardwood floors are designed to enhance any style of décor.
Urbanfloor boast expertise in producing stylish and quality engineered hardwood floors. Whether you prefer a smooth finish, a handscraped finish or even a heavily distressed floor, Urbanfloor has what you are looking for.