Carpeting & Rugs
Carpet Upkeep and Maintenance
- The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
- Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only.
- When vacuuming high pile or premium soft carpets look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet:
- Adjustable Height – Use the highest setting where appropriate
- Efficient Airflow – Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction
- Large Wheels allow the appliance to glide easily across the carpet
- Consider professional cleaning every 12–18 months, depending on traffic and other use factors, frequency of vacuuming and whether the carpet is a light or dark color.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- To remove a dent caused by heavy furniture, stroke carpet with the edges of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron to gently raise the dented area while you tug upward on the tufts.
CAUTION: DO NOT LET THE IRON TOUCH THE CARPET..
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, the carpet may require patching or replacement.
- If a flooding occurs from a burst pipe, washing machine overflow or other leak, the carpet needs to be dried, front and back, by a professional cleaner with the proper equipment.
This link can provide additional tips on maintaining the beauty of your carpet http://www.carpet-rug.org.
Tips for Removing Common Stains
- For carpet care a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is the best way to effectively remove stains. Use the attachment with the best suction and vacuum as much of the stain as possible, continuing to add water to the stain as you go. Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove.
- First scrape the food spill gently with a spoon or dull knife, or a Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Cleaning Key, removing as much solid material as possible. If detergent is required, use it sparingly and gently rinse the area with water while moving the vacuum wand back and forth. Use a towel to absorb all moisture.
- If spot removal solvent is necessary use a low residue carpet spot remover that has been approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America, apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If a color change occurs or color transfers to the cloth, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- Place towels or cloth over wet area and weight with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
- If stains remain after cleaning, moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain–free. No rinsing is necessary. Apply a pad of paper towels and weigh them down, allowing carpet to dry.
- Some stains cannot be removed because they permanently alter the carpet’s color. These stains include acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, mustard with turmeric and plant fertilizers. For these types of stains, call a professional. In order to maintain and protect your warranty coverage under most warranties, a minimum of one professional cleaning every 18 months is required.
Vacaville Floors is proud to be an authorized retailer for:
Shaw is the World’s Largest Producer of Carpet(s), with Loops, Patterns, Textures, and Twists Styles. Carpeting Collections. Made in USA
As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk provides unlimited style and design options from over 30 flooring categories. The extensive Mohawk family of brands covers every floor type— carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood, laminate and more— and includes highly reputable names trusted by millions
Innovative features, product specialization, dedicated associates, community involvement and recognized leadership in carpeting are just a few of our success stories. Beaulieu® of America is an American company that takes tremendous pride in its people and products that serve the needs of homeowners, property managers, store and office owners, and homebuilders in unique, even personal ways.
Royalty Carpet Mills
As one of the largest, privately owned carpet manufacturers in the country, Royalty’s heritage has always been one of outstanding customer service, on-time delivery and top notch products at an excellent value. We are proud to say we’re ‘A California Manufacturer’ that focuses on staying on trend for our customers with durable and stylish designs.